CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Perspective

Today I'm thankful to be put into situations that give me the opportunity to learn and grow and develop a new perspective on something that you originally had a negative perspective of.

Today Mary took Kaitlin to her school that she goes to on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is usually the time Mary takes to get things like shopping or other activities done. She definitely needs the break, and I'm happy to let her relax and get out of the house for a few hours.

I was a little worried because Joe has been having a super hard time lately with his colic and hadn't had the best week so far. But Mary left and Ben was actually awake. I decided I wanted to get some stuff done around my room so I brought him in while I got ready for the day, (which I NEVER do anymore). He sat on his little mat and watched all the toys light up and was so happy.

He was getting sleepy, so I put him in the bouncer so I could straighten my hair and bounce at the same time. He fell asleep and then Joe woke up soon after. He was such a happy baby! I fed him a bottle and he sat and listened to Christmas music with me while I did all my laundry and picked up my room. He started getting sleepy so I put his bouncer in the kitchen by the fan, (his favorite thing ever) He slept there for almost 3 1/2 hours. It was glorious! I got everything I needed to get done.

He woke up as happy as a clam and I was able to spend some time with just Joe and I. And let me tell you, that little boy absolutely melted my heart today. It's days like these that I can see myself having a baby. Where you just sit and cuddle with them. When all they do is look up at you with their big blue eyes and smile and laugh at you. Yep, it's situations like really allow you to have a different perspective on things. I mean how can you not love this little guy? (I guess these moments make all the screaming and waking up in the middle of the night worth it).


No comments: