CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

First Attempt.

Today was my first attempt at cake decorating. Now most people don't even know why I would even try that.. but right now I've decided that after I graduated school, I'm going to open my own bakery! I absolutely love baking, so I got the idea in my head, and I've just kind of ran with it. I've been trying to bake different things that I could use, and today I tried the decorating. 

This was an extremely long process because you have to bake the cake, then make sure it's cool enough to put icing on it.. so on and so forth.. 

So here's the finished project.. It's not much. But it's a start! Soon I'm going to try doing fondant, which opens up a whole new world to cake decorating!


(can you tell what it is?)

2 comments:

The Laws said...

Great Job Kaytlin! I love the cake!

Jandi said...

Of course, it is a spider and web. Love it, very festive for Halloween. Great idea about the bakery. Start saving your pennies though. Hope you know someone with an extra couple hundred thousand dollars. (Or, there are loans I suppose!)Stick with your dream!!